This dataset contains historic local landmarks designated by the City of Buffalo Common Council. Landmarks are designated on the basis of one or more of the following criteria:
(1) It has character, interest or value as part of the development, heritage or cultural characteristics of the city, state or nation.
(2) Its location is a site of a significant local, state or national event.
(3) It exemplifies the historic, aesthetic, architectural, archaeological, educational, economic or cultural heritage of the city, state or nation.
(4) It is identified with a person or persons who significantly contributed to the development of the city, state or nation.
5) It embodies distinguishing characteristics of an architectural style valuable for the study of a period, type, method of construction or use of indigenous materials.
(6) It is the work of a master builder, engineer, designer, architect or landscape architect whose individual work has influenced the development of the city, state or nation.
(7) It embodies elements of design, detailing, materials or craftsmanship that render it architecturally significant.
(8) It embodies elements that make it structurally or architecturally innovative.
(9) It is a unique location or contains singular physical characteristics that make it an established or familiar visual feature within the city.
Any structure, property or area that meets one (1) or more of the above criteria shall also have sufficient integrity of location, design, materials and workmanship to make it worthy of preservation or restoration.
|Name||Socrata field name||Column name in ||Data type||Description|