On-street Car Parking Sensor Data - 2013
The City of Melbourne has installed in-ground parking bay sensors in most CBD parking bays. These sensors record when a vehicle arrives and when it departs. Each record also includes the parking restriction for the bay and whether the vehicle has overstayed that restriction. This is the data for the 2013 calendar year
Known data issues:
- There are 987,179 records that have the text ‘OLD’ at the end of the restriction in the field named ‘Sign’. This has been investigated and determined the text refers to one of two things, either:
· At the time of the parking event the restriction that has been captured is correct but when the data was extracted from the server (July 2017) the restriction had since changed.
· (Or) The particular sensor has since been replaced.
- There are a number of records that have a negative value in the duration in field ‘seconds’. This occurs due to a sensor detecting an arrival time being after the departure time.
- There are a number of records where the arrival and departure times have not been recorded. If the time has not been recorded the time is calculated from midnight of the arrival day to either midnight of the departure day or to the departure time.
|Name||Socrata field name||Column name in ||Data type||Description|
|DepartureTime||departuretime||departuretime||Calendar date||Date & Time that the sensor detected a vehicle no longer located over it.|
|DurationSeconds||durationseconds||durationseconds||Number||Time difference between arrival and departure events (measured in seconds).|
|Vehicle Present||vehicle_present||vehicle_present||Text||True = Vehicle present False = Vehicle not present|
|StreetName||streetname||streetname||Text||Street upon which the vehicle parked.|
|ArrivalTime||arrivaltime||arrivaltime||Calendar date||Date & Time that the sensor detected a vehicle located over it.|
|StreetId||streetid||streetid||Number||A GIS key that describes the street segment where the sensor is located. A street segment is the section of street, between two|
|In Violation||in_violation||in_violation||Text||True = In violation False = Not in violation|
|Side Of Street||side_of_street||side_of_street||Number||Side of the street on which the parking event occurred. 1 = Centre 2 = North 3 = East 4 = South 5 = West|
|BetweenStreet2||betweenstreet2||betweenstreet2||Text||Closest Intersecting street with the street parked on. Ideally the next one behind the parked vehicle.|
|DeviceId||deviceid||deviceid||Number||Serial number of the InGround Sensor.|
|StreetMarker||streetmarker||streetmarker||Text||The street marker that is located next to the parking bay with a unique id for the bay. Often a small round, metal plaque found on the pavement next to the bay.|
|Sign||sign||sign||Text||Parking sign in effect at the time of the parking event.|
|Area||area||area||Text||City area - used for administrative purposes.|
|BetweenStreet1||betweenstreet1||betweenstreet1||Text||Closest Intersecting street with the street parked on. Ideally the next one in front of the parked vehicle.|